The second half of the All Purpose Sweet Dough from my last batch of cinnamon rolls + nectarine topping:
- 2 nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c freshly-milled soft white wheat flour
- 1/4 c butter, cold
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Grease 8″ baking dish.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and pat out into pan.
- Let warm at room temp. 45 min.
- Arrange nectarine slices on top of dough.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon. Cut in butter. Sprinkle over slices.
- Cover with towel and rise 15 min., then preheat oven to 375° for 20 min.
- Bake 38 min.
I was a little disappointed in this one. The taste was rather bland. I think it also could have used more kneading before the stretch and folds — the texture isn’t very spongy/bready.
This one would probably be more flavorful with a stronger-tasting fruit. These nectarines were so mild in flavor that they didn’t add much interest.