It’s been ages since I made muffins, and with a couple of oranges in the refrigerator and dried apricots in the pantry I had my mission: orange apricot muffins!
Adapted from Orange-Apricot Muffins (Basic Muffin variation) from The Laurel’s Kitchen Bread Book
- 195 gm freshly-milled hard white wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp powdered milk
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 c chopped dried apricots
- 1 c juice from 1 1/2 large oranges
- zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 tsp almond oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Stir honey into oil. Add apricots, orange juice, zest, and almond oil.
- Stir dry ingredients into liquid ingredients.
- Spoon into muffin tin. Bake about 25 min.
They could have been baked another minute or so because they were a little undone in the middle. They came out of the pan perfectly though!
I think they’re a little too bitter, but overall very good. The apricot pieces don’t do much for me — they’re a little tough and not as flavorful as I had expected.
I’d love to try the Basic Muffin recipe with different mix-ins to experiment with other flavors.