St. Patrick’s day brought great sale prices on green cabbage, so I’ve had a couple to use for new things this month.
One new thing was a stir fried cabbage that I absolutely loved, and was able to use both as a regular side dish and as an ingredient in my customized version of Dragon Noodles. My husband found this recipe too sweet for his taste, but I couldn’t get enough.
Stir Fried Cabbage
This makes a small batch, enough for 2-3 sides.
- 1/4 of a small cabbage, chopped into roughly 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Mix granulated garlic, Sriracha, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar, and water in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in saute pan over high heat, until it’s hot and shimmery.
- Add cabbage and soy sauce mixture, and stir fry for a couple of minutes, until the cabbage softens.
- Stir in the rice vinegar and onion powder, and continue cooking over high heat until the cabbage browns and caramelizes in some spots, then remove from heat and serve.