Since it’s ultra-hot here, the next priority for my Summer 2015 wardrobe project is sewing the City Gym Shorts.
City Gym Shorts from the Purl Bee
- bias binding
- elastic waist
- made the 35–37-inch hip size
- used Robert Kaufman Double Cloth in chambray and plaid
- made the double fold bias tape by hand instead of with the 18mm bias tape maker
- used 1-inch knit elastic instead of braided elastic
- separated the double cloth and only used the plaid piece for the binding and waistband
This is such a fun, retro pair of shorts to wear — I can definitely see making another pair of these. The waistband is a few inches below the natural waistline, making them fall in the perfect place for me. And I was nervous about making the 35-37 size because my hip measurement is actually 37 1/2, but they fit great with no pattern adjustments.