It didn’t take long to devour the Honey Almond Granola with Sunflower Seeds and Flax that I made the other day. Which means it’s time for a new flavor combo!
This batch turned out much too chewy for me because the raisins got even more dehydrated in the oven. Without a moist cake or muffin batter around them for protection, they turned into really tough little guys. Next time I’d definitely leave the raisins out and simply sprinkle them on top when I’m ready to eat.
I reduced the sweetener to 2 tablespoons with this batch, but that made it slightly less sweet than I’d like.
Maple Walnut Granola with Cinnamon, Raisins, and Flax Seeds
Adapted from Easy Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 c raw, whole rolled oats
- ½ c walnuts
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ c raisins (leave these out of the mix if tough, chewy things bum you out like they do me)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Measure the ingredients into a large bowl (leaving the raisins out if desired) and mix together. I used my hands to feel that everything was thoroughly combined.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and pat into a single layer. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
- Cool and place in a container.