When looking for a carrot cake recipe to bake with friends, I ran across many versions that included pineapple. Pineapple isn’t something I’ve ever associated with carrot cake, so I kept looking until I found one that was closer to my goals which led me to the King Arthur’s Carrot Cake. The high reviews and ingredient list that matched my requirements made it my choice.
- cut recipe in half to make one 9-inch round cake
- used 2 oz freshly-milled soft white wheat flour + 2 1/2 oz freshly milled hard white wheat flour
- used 6 1/2 oz confectioner’s sugar (not glazing sugar) for frosting
- placed a parchment round on bottom of pan after greasing the pan
- baked 45 min.
- frosted only the top of the cake
So very delicious! You’d never guess it’s whole wheat, and the texture is perfect. The cream cheese frosting is also a keeper — it’s wonderfully balanced and not too cream-cheesey.
Next time I’d like to try a fully-loaded version, adding raisins, coconuts, and pecans.